Ever wondered if being pregnant with an ileostomy is different?

I will share stories, events and facts about being pregnant with an ileostomy.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

10th week

So... I'm almost at the 3 month mark and I cannot wait :)
This week, I've started a bad cold. My lungs hurt and I'm all stuffed up... I'm loading up on Vitamin C, hoping it makes it go away faster...
Since about two weeks, I haven't had any morning/day sickness... I'm quite happy about that.
So, every Sunday, I weigh myself and take a picture with the same outfit, at the same area. I still haven't up on any weight since the beginning, actually, I've lost a couple of pounds...
My stoma is keeping up! There hasn't been any change in "Stewie", the only thing I would say about my ileostomy, is that it is sticking out a little more since my stomach is starting to become rounder...
I am still very tired and don't have much energy. I still find it hard to get all of the vitamins or fruit/veggie portions because of my stoma.... I take vitamins, prenatal vitamins and drink smoothies...
I'm a little disappointed that know one has even checked out my blog... I guess I'm doing this for myself!

1 comment:

  1. Contratulations! It's soooo exciting for you to be pregnant and it's so great of you to share all the events via blog! I too have an ileostomy but my 2 children were born before I had it; they are 8 and 6. I loved being pregnant and hope you do as well. I look forward to reading more about your journey! Amy('Dan' is my husband; using his google acct....)

    ReplyDelete