Ever wondered if being pregnant with an ileostomy is different?

I will share stories, events and facts about being pregnant with an ileostomy.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

8 weeks, 3 days

I am now at 8 weeks and 3 days.
My life is pretty much the same. I was sick for the first time yesterday, but today, everything's going alright. I called around yesterday to make an appointment for a dating ultrasound and that's not until 3 weeks (by then I'll be at 11 weeks, maybe i'll be able to see the little thing..) I also called the obgyn office yesterday and they told me they were booked until June!!!
I started freaking out, not knowing what to do with a first pregnancy and an ileostomy. From having this, I am considered high risk and it would be better to be followed closely. But, I believe I will go ahead and see a mid-wife. So far, "Stewie" isn't causing me any problems and I don't see how he could. I'm taking pregnancy vitamins and drinking enough milk.
My stoma hasn't changed and my belly hasn't really been growing yet...

1 comment: