Ever wondered if being pregnant with an ileostomy is different?

I will share stories, events and facts about being pregnant with an ileostomy.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dx with Strep throat... ugh !!


So, yesterday was my birthday and unfortunately, I celebrated it at the ER! I had a running fever for over 12 hours and was getting worried of what it might do to the little growing baby... So I went off to the ER with my wonderful man. We didn't spend too much time, and I left knowing I had strep throat.
First question I had was: Is this antibiotic going to harm my baby? What he told me was that I needed to take care of myself, in order for the baby to take care of its self. So, here I am, on amoxicillin... Pray with me that all goes well and that my little baby is well protected in there !!!

Today: Prenatal physical with family doctor. I am only able to see my OB/GYN May 12th... Seems quite far away. Until then, I have to see my family doctor.

Worries this week: how are we going to get by when I'm on mat. leave !? my honey tells me not to worry about it, but... I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment